Led by Coach of the Year Jack Bauerle, Georgia won the women’s team title at the Southeastern Conference Swimming and Diving Championships for the fourth straight year on Saturday at Texas A&M.
Georgia held off SEC newcomer and meet host Texas A&M for the team crown, which is the 10th in program history — all under Bauerle. The four straight titles is the second-longest streak in school history. The Lady Bulldogs won five consecutive crowns from 1997 through 2001.
Georgia rolled up 1,420 points to Texas A&M’s 1,296.
“You’re always proud when you win the SEC, but I am especially proud this year,” Bauerle said. “This was a rugged meet, and our ladies showed a lot of character in winning it. We believed it was going to be a battle for five days and it was.” More here: http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/c-swim/recaps/022313aab.html
- sammiesofa reblogged this from uga
- haleigh likes this
- lyno49 reblogged this from uga
- jelizabethl likes this
- callmeirony reblogged this from kuroshimaru
- georgias-peach likes this
- sagarlikefroggr reblogged this from uga
- kuroshimaru reblogged this from uga
- kuroshimaru likes this
- algebraingasoline reblogged this from uga
- uga posted this